Please contact Debs Ayub (The Principal) on Whatsapp 082 337 6240 or message Principal Debs Ayub Here!
We are accredited with the following:
- Highfield International
- Department of Higher Education
What is included?
- Daily ingredients
- Wustoff Knives
- Leather Knife Bag
- Practical Professional Cookery Textbook
- 4 Chef Jackets
- 2 Chef Pants
- 3 Aprons
- 1 skull cap
- all costs for Highfield International
- examination costs
- There are some extra items that students require which include proper Chef shoes, induction friendly frying pan, cookie cutters, piping bag and nozzles, microplane or zester, 5 dish cloths and 5 lappies, notebook. The cost for these items is approximately R2500 to R3000.
- We do on occasion ask the students to purchase their own ingredients and this is to test their knowledge on costing and quality of ingredients, or we may let the students do a freestyle dish to see their creativity, costing, quality, and organizational skills in preparation of the freestyle dish.
Times and School Holidays
- The years starts around Mid-February until 22nd December. Orientation day takes place a week before school starts.
- Monday is theory from 10h00 until 14h00
- Tuesday to Friday is practical cooking 09h00 to 16h30
- We do not take the full school holidays, so our syllabus covers 25% to 30% more than other schools. Public holidays are taken, and, in some instances, we will give the students a long weekend depending on when the public holiday falls
Payments and Fees
On Acceptance the deposit must be paid to guarantee your place at the SOTCS. This deposit is deducted off the fees for the first year. 25% of the remaining fees is payable at the beginning of January. Fees must be paid no later than the 25th of each month. We do offer a 10-month payment plan from January to November starting in January.
The deposit of R29 000.00 is non-refundable and must be paid on your acceptance at the SOTCS together with your completed and signed application form. The terms and conditions document must also be signed when paying the deposit.
School visit and Meeting
All prospective students must make an appointment to meet with us and to view our school.
How many students does the SOTCS take?
16 to 20 students and we only have one intake each year.
Does the SOCTS offer bursaries?
Please contact Debs Ayub (The Principal) on whatsapp 082 337 6240 or message our Principal Debs Ayub Here!
Must I apply for a student vida if I'm not a South African resident?
All Non-South African residents must apply for a study visa. We will assist with any documents and paperwork required.
Our Feeding Programme is part of our Curriculum and students assist with preparation and making of this food daily. We feed 1500 people in need in our local communities each week.