- Our First Year Advanced Certificate course include daily practical lessons Tuesday to Friday and Monday is theory. Our classes are focused on individual attention and personalized instruction.
- We don’t take full school holidays so that means we do at least 25% more than other Cooking Schools
- Chef Peter has been formally trained and qualified. He has real and extensive industry experience, which means he can add valuable knowledge to each lesson which of course benefits our students.
- Chef Peter is still actively involved in the hospitality industry, which allows him to remain current regarding trends, information, and networking. We also involve our students, where possible, so that they can observe first- hand how functions are executed.
- Urban Playground is our restaurant which offers our students the chance to experience “real live service”
- Our kitchen facilities are in line with a professional kitchen set up, so that our students are better equipped to manage the real-life experience. Our students are assigned weekly duties in order to teach them the value of planning, teamwork and a discipline of hard work, which is aligned to the real-life industry.
- We arrange interesting guest speakers and informative presentations, so that we can expose our students to a wide range of culinary experiences and products.
- On the Diploma course, the second year consists of in-service training and is designed to send our students into working kitchens to be guided by professional chefs in their environment. It is vital to cement the knowledge we have imparted, by ensuring our students are exposed to real industry training. We also believe in ensuring our students’ training is executed responsibly, so we monitor this practical period very closely.
- Our Part-Time Course is perfectly suited for food industry employees to further their studies and increase their food knowledge and get a formal qualification. This is an ideal course to improve your kitchen and cooking skills as well as getting a formal qualification
- We are accredited with QCTO and Highfield International for all our courses
Professional Chef Courses
Chef and Owner of the Reverie Social Table
Thank you, to the Sense of Taste Chef School, for offering this Part-Time course, it worked so well with classes on a Monday which caused very little disruption. Chef Peter and Chef Byron shared so many valuable skills. The lessons were informative and very hands-on. Tino really enjoyed his time in your kitchen- we look forward to the follow up courses.
Head Chef and Owner The Pot Luck Club, The Carbon Test Kitchen and Fledglings
Our Fledglings Crew went from strength to strength after their experience at the Sense of Taste Chef School. The tuition and mentoring they experienced really gave them the confidence to stand on their own two feet gave them the self-respect they really deserved. The Sense of Taste Chef School has excellent facilities and an outstanding syllabus. Their attention to detail is second to none. I would have no hesitation in sending further learners to Sense of Taste Chef School.
2-year Full-Time Diploma in Culinary Arts and Part-Time Course Highfield International Kitchen Assistant at the Sense of Taste Chef School